gtphub: End User Address IE

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Oct 12 11:08:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

I just noticed that the GGSN returns its IP address in a GTP packet about
PDP, in the "End User Address" IE (etsi/GSM/by_chapter/29.060.pdf 7.7.27).
I'm asking myself whether this needs to be mapped by gtphub.

                    127.0.0.3           127.0.0.2
  SGSN   <--------   GTPHUB  <---------   GGSN
        "127.0.0.2"          "127.0.0.2"
       map this? ^

This sounds almost like no mapping is required, as if it tells the MS
which IP address it has "as seen from outside":

"The PDP Address shall be the address that this PDP context of the MS is
identified with from the external packet data network."

But I have no idea, really. Does anyone else? If not, we'll just have to
see later...

Thanks!

~Neels