Oct 07, 8pm / Osmocom Berlin User Group meeting

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Oct 6 20:20:42 UTC 2015

Hi Nico and list,

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 04:39:00PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 04, 2015 at 01:59:41PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> > For those interested... is there any code for osmo-iuh already available
> > somewhere? I don't see it on git.osmocom.org.
>
> it is not yet published, I would like to do that at the date of the
> event itself.  It will be on git.osmocom.org.

Ok, I finally added the copyright statements and AGPLv3 license
disclaimers and released it at http://git.osmocom.org/osmo-iuh/
or rather 'git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-iuh'.  Anyone interested in
contributing: I'm happy to give git commit access.

It's not much,  but it was quite a long struggle to get there, mostly in
terms of getting asn1c into shape and understanding the hacks of the
OpenAirInterface asn1tostruct.py, which helps to work around the lack of
information object classes in asn1c, ...

The world would be such a better place if anyone with understanding of
compiler theory would work on a usable and complete free software asn1
compiler.

Having worked with Fabrice Bellard's ffasn1c is such a pleasure, but
unfortunately he is not interested in making it open source - and
apparently isn't even actively selling licenses of it either.

More explanations in about 22 hours from now at CCCB.

- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>