channel availability

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Nov 19 08:26:42 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 09:43:10PM +0100, Suraev wrote:
> Anyway, it turned out that the problem was between the chair and the
> keyboard: I've used wrong branch of Osmo-BTS which was incompatible
> with my hw.

which branch is the incompatible branch, and which branch are you using
now?  We have merged osmo-trx support into master in order to get rid of
of the need of the nightmare of too many branches.  It would be a pity
if all that effort was for nothing.

> The only issue - no internet on the device, even name resolution fails. Seems like
> packets are not forwarded properly. What would the best place to poke into user's
> traffic - see what packets come from which phone and what happens to them and to
> return traffic?

does the GPRS control plane work, i.e. do you se GPRS ATTACH / ACCEPT,
ROUTING AREA UPDATE ATTACH/ ACCEPT, PDP CONTEXT ACTIVATE / ACCEPT?

You can follow this in the VTY logging of OsmoSGSN (logging level for
mobility management and session management).

Alternatively, the Gb interface on port 23000/udp can be followed n
wireshark.  You need to 'decode as... Gb (or was it called GPRS-Gb?)