Patch to add index to SMS table

Alexander Nikolaev variomap at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:16:47 UTC 2015

Holger,

> What is the benefit of using ";" to execute both
> statements with a single sqlite3 command in db_prepare?

I don't think there's a big difference, not in case of sqlite anyway,
since its -prepare  and -exec calls support both single statements and
sql statemens list.
If separate SQL statements better match the approved code style, I've
created a patch that uses separate query for index creation --
https://gist.github.com/ati/3089e35080598495ca27

> What we would like to do is to avoid using libdbi.
Do you have in mind some other abstraction layer or think that it is
better to just use native sqlite interface?
It would be great if it is possible to use asynchronous db calls, but
this requires major rewrite of the database interface.

Regards,
Alexander Nikolaev
fairwaves.co