libosmoabis depends on libosmovty

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Jun 2 13:59:10 UTC 2015

> On 02 Jun 2015, at 14:50, Mike McTernan (wavemobile) <mike.mcternan at wavemobile.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,

Hi!

> When I build OpenBsc, I find a number of cases where libosmovty isn’t in the link, but is needed by libosmoabis (basically anywhere libosmoabis is linked, but vty isn’t) e.g.
>
> /bin/ld: warning: libosmovty.so.1, needed by /.build/usr/local/lib/libosmoabis.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
> /.build/usr/local/lib/libosmoabis.so: undefined reference to `install_node’

> -Libs: -L${libdir} -losmoabis
> +Libs: -L${libdir} -losmoabis -losmovty

When I grew up the rule was link to the libraries whose symbols you are using. In this
case libosmo-abis does use libosmovty symbols and it does link to it. I assume that there
is a NEEDED entry in the elf header of libosmo-abis.

Which system do you compile it on? I think the above is kind of a work-around for another
issue in the system.

holger