Using GPRS

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 01:25:55 UTC 2015

Hi Sipos,

A couple general notes with a remark that I haven't touched the
GPRS code for a long while:

Power control loop for GPRS is separate from the power loop for the CS
domain. IIRC it should be done in PCU, but it's not implemented yet.
So right now IIRC the MS should be in an open loop power control mode,
deducing its Tx power from its Rx level.

I can't comment on the dB values, because I've never used B200. But if
you use fairwaves/master branch, it can detect clipping when the
signal is of too high power (check the logs). You can also enable
debug logging level for osmo-trx to assess demodulation quality
visually (there should be few to none '-' in the demodulated bursts).

If you see the demodulation is perfect, but the issue is still there -
you have to dig the layers upwards.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co