meas_feed fails to compile if libcdk5-dev is not installed

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Jan 5 13:11:52 UTC 2015

Hi Jacob,

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 11:11:06AM +0100, Jacob Erlbeck wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> OpenBSC fails to compile because meas_feed unconditionally depends on
> cdk.h. If this file is not available, configure just issues
>
>   checking cdk/cdk.h usability... no
>   checking cdk/cdk.h presence... no
>   checking for cdk/cdk.h... no
>
> but does not fail. On the other hand, the meas_tool's Makefile does not
> check for the result of that check before starting the compilation.

I actually disagree with that last statement:

if HAVE_LIBCDK
bin_PROGRAMS = bs11_config isdnsync osmo-meas-pcap2db osmo-meas-udp2db
meas_vis
else
bin_PROGRAMS = bs11_config isdnsync osmo-meas-pcap2db osmo-meas-udp2db
endif

> So IMO either the configure script should abort (and the package added
> to debian/control) or the compilation of meas_feed should be optional.

it should not abort, the compilation is optional.

I guess the problem was that cdk.k was #included also for
meas_pcap2db.c, which was a copy+paste mistake as there's nothing curses
related in that.  I hope this fixes it.