recurring issue with OpenBSC

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Feb 4 09:10:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 08:59:29AM +0100, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> something like the below would be a start. You could add a VTY
> command to dump the queue including the state and the reason
> string. And also show the last reason as this shows the item
> that is currently being dispatched.

My current thought on this system is that we should remove
subscr_put_channel. It is based on some assumptions/goals
that does not make sense anymore.

MT-SMS:

We need a way to enforce that only one SMS is delivered at
a time. This should be done for SMS that arrive through the
MO-SMS (SubmitSM), SMPP and the SMS queue.

MT-Call:

Just page if no call is present yet. We can nowadays upgrade
a "SDCCH" to a TCH (late assignment)

Paging:

We need to change the way we handle the paging response. Instead
of a single callback we should introduce a signal that will be
handled by both SMS and Call after the channel has been authenticated.

This should avoid the whole kind of problem. In terms of time
my estimate would be a week of work.