Problem with RF and states of sysmoBTS

Diego Fernandez Alonso diegoferalonso at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 19:34:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a problem with my sysmoBTS.I restored the system using a
sysmocom-recovery.ubi and executing a sysmocom-restore from a backup file
.tar. Everything was apparently ok but the RF Active led is switched off,
without transmision, and the state of the BTS is not normal.

First of all with a serial conexion I received this message:
fpgadl: Error: INIT_B LOW during programming

and checking the state I get the parameters:

OpenBSC> show bts 0
BTS 0 is of nanobts type in band DCS1800, has CI 0 LAC 1, BSIC 63, TSC 7
and 1 TRX
MS Max power: 15 dBm
Minimum Rx Level for Access: -110 dBm
Cell Reselection Hysteresis: 4 dBm
RACH TX-Integer: 9
RACH Max transmissions: 7
Channel Description Attachment: yes
Channel Description BS-PA-MFRMS: 5
Channel Description BS-AG_BLKS-RES: 1
System Information present: 0x00000000, static: 0x00000000
  Unit ID: 1801/0/0, OML Stream ID 0xff
  NM State: Oper 'NULL', Admin 'unknown 0x0', Avail 'Power off'
  Site Mgr NM State: Oper 'NULL', Admin 'unknown 0x0', Avail 'Power off'
  GPRS NSE: Oper 'NULL', Admin 'unknown 0x0', Avail 'Power off'
  GPRS CELL: Oper 'NULL', Admin 'unknown 0x0', Avail 'Power off'
  GPRS NSVC0: Oper 'NULL', Admin 'unknown 0x0', Avail 'Power off'
  GPRS NSVC1: Oper 'NULL', Admin 'unknown 0x0', Avail 'Power off'
  Paging: 0 pending requests, 20 free slots
  OML Link state: disconnected.
  Current Channel Load:
OpenBSC>

OpenBSC> show trx 0 0
TRX 0 of BTS 0 is on ARFCN 514
  RF Nominal Power: 23 dBm, reduced by 20 dB, resulting BS power: 3 dBm
  NM State: Oper 'NULL', Admin 'Unlocked', Avail 'Power off'
  Baseband Transceiver NM State: Oper 'NULL', Admin 'unknown 0x0', Avail
'Power off'
  ip.access stream ID: 0x00
OpenBSC>

I would be very grateful for some idea for recovering the states to 'Enable'

Thanks so much.
Diego.