8-PSK modulation/demodulation

Sipos Csaba sipos.csaba at kvk.uni-obuda.hu
Thu Aug 20 08:08:36 UTC 2015

Hi Piotr,

The digital signal processor part of the OpenBSC project is Osmo-TRX. Please take a look here:

http://cgit.osmocom.org/osmo-trx/

It implements an almost full featured 2G transceiver, including modulation, demodulation.

Tom Tsou is the maintainer of that part of the code. He is fairly busy, but I copied him to this mail, lets see if he can point you in the correct direction.

I would recommend you to read Toms masters thesis in this area:

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-09242012-133001/unrestricted/Tsou_T_T_2012.pdf

It will give you a nice insight how Osmo-TRX works, and what are the challenges to implement something you want.

There is a clear intention to improve OpenBSC with EDGE capability, so your work in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Csaba