dvnixload error: Entry point not found

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Thu Aug 6 18:22:10 UTC 2015

> On 06 Aug 2015, at 13:20, Diego Fernandez Alonso <diegoferalonso at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> I have a problem with my sysmoBTS. When I start the bts I receive a BOOTME message. So after identify in the SysmoBTS Manual the problem like broken UBL, I tried to follow the manual using the dvnixload utility. I installed the binutils-multiarch package and others neccesary for the execution of the divnixload, but during the proccess I get an error:

How did you get the system into that state?

> root at ubun-osmo:/home/osmo-user/Documentos# ./dvnixload -p /dev/ttyUSB0 ubl-sysmobts-v2.elf u-boot-sysmobts-v2.elf
> dvnixload info:    Using cross compiler ""
> dvnixload info:    Expecting messages: [BOOTME] [BOOTPSP] [I_ME]
> dvnixload info:      [BOOTME] received
> dvnixload error:   Entry point not found
> dvnixload error:   Entry point not found
>
> Do someone know why I get an "Entry point not found" message and how I can fix it?

so this means that “objdump” got executed. You can execute dvnixload with “-d 5’ (in
addition to the normal arguments) and you will get detailed output. It looks like ubuntu
has done something funny to binutils-multiarch.

When executing the above you will see the command that was executed, e.g. execute
it by hand and analyse the output.

holger