recurring issue with OpenBSC

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Apr 6 16:52:23 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 05:17:53PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> I fixed the first round of crashes/defects. It should be feature
> equal to the current master branch. What I noticed is that if there
> is a SDCCH open and we place a call.. it is not using the same
> audio codec as the other leg of the call.
>
> I have to monitor the tch_mode of the logical channel.

Okay, we enter into the field of MNCC not being up to the job.
The issue was that the channel type was compared to TCH_F and
then the "TCH_H" codec was assigned...

I know the whole topic of codec selection is something to look
into. I have put a band-aid on it to have gsm_04_08.c and the
mncc_builtin.c to behave the same.

The next topic (besides more testing) is sms_queue and SMPP
integration to enforce the one SMS per direction rule and have
the two systems coordinate each other.