GPRS core network simulation

Calogero Cannizzaro can_ni at hotmail.it
Tue Sep 9 12:19:13 UTC 2014

Hi mister Harald,

thank you very much for your answer. I am an engineering student and I have started to work on my thesis.

I would like to perform a GPRS core network completely using virtual machine (virtual box based) and use it to prove that an operator can manage M2M traffic just using standard hardware, virtual machine and open source components (osmocom project ).

At this moment i deployed 4 virtual machine, one for each osmo component (osmoNITB, openGGSN, osmoSGSN) on the fourth VM I want to run the fakeBTS because I don't have a bts.

I would like to simulate it as if there are some M2M devices generate request(attach, pdp context for example).

When I try the communication between NITB and fakeBTS there are some error Messages related to RSL. Then there isn't communication between NITB-fakeBTS and SGSN-GGSN.

Do you detect any configuration error?

Thank you.

Best regard

Calo