Can't build debian packages of libosmocore

Vasil Velichkov vasil_vel at abv.bg
Wed Sep 3 15:57:50 UTC 2014

Hi Holger, Ciaby,

On 3.09.2014 16:25, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 04:21:13AM -0500, Ciaby wrote:
>
>> I know, it doesn't make sense... but that's what I got out of building
>> it with 6.0.1 as version. 6.0.0 works fine. Can you reproduce it?
> yes, it is odd. 6:0:1 gives me a so where the major version is 5
> something :)
>
> There seems to be a similar issue with the libosmocore library as
> well. Did you see the warning generated by lintian?

It is normal that 6:0:1 gives a so with major version 5, because 6:0:1
means that the library supports interfaces 5 and 6

See
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/html_node/Libtool-versioning.html

     So, libtool library versions are described by three integers:
     current
         The most recent interface number that this library implements.
     revision
         The implementation number of the current interface.
     age
         The difference between the newest and oldest interfaces that
this library implements.
         In other words, the library implements all the interface
numbers in the range from number current - age to current.

Vasil