Announcing new gr-gsm project

Perper perper at o2.pl
Sun Nov 30 14:11:54 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Sorry for spamming here but I thought there is possibility that you might be interested.

I was working for some time on a project of a set of GNU Radio tools for receiving GSM transmissions. As the project reached the point where it might be useful for the community I have decided to officially announce it. It is available on github with short installation and usage guides:
https://github.com/ptrkrysik

Currently there is one gr-gsm application that should work out of the box and it is a more reliable replacement of Airprobe. The gr-gsm has some similarities with it. The GSM receiver that I used is considerably corrected version of the receiver that I've long time ago written for the Airprobe project but with removed Airprobe's stuff that shouldn't be in my opinion mixed with the receiver (like decryption, decoding). However the goal of the project is broader than that and it is to provide a set of tools for people interested in processing of GSM signal in GNU Radio. For example - another possible applications of gr-gsm are GSM network monitor or frequency offset calibrator.

For people who want to see the application in action without installing it I've prepared a short video presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eofnb7zr8QE&feature=youtu.be

If anyone is interested in developing something for/with use of the project I can provide help and information about the project's  internals by e-mail.

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik