Possible crash/malfunction in the handover code

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Nov 10 19:44:00 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 12:16:47PM -0600, Ciaby wrote:

> Sometimes osmo-nitb crashes, and our users have reported the fact that sometimes they end up listening to someone's else conversation.

ouch!

> This started to happen since we enabled handover.
> This is the backtrace i got from a core dump of osmo-nitb:
>
> (gdb) bt

Can you please make a "bt full" so we see the values of
structures

> Any clue about why this is happening?

Yes. "abnormal" condition. So somehow conn->subscr = NULL. This
means the subscriber was never loaded from the database or what
is more likely is that subscr_con_free has been called for the
old channel.

 subscr_name(ho->old_lchan->conn->subscr)

is crashing because subscr is 0x0. I wonder about the state of
conn and the old_lchan in general. My guess would be that the
old_lchan has already failed.

holger