GPRS broken in master

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun May 25 10:04:59 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 04:01:56PM +0900, Pierre Kim wrote:
> Hello,

Good Morning,

> I updated my OpenBSC repo today and found that the GPRS is not working
> properly with the newest osmo-nitb.

from which version to which did you update? Why do you think it is
osmo-nitb and not the SGSN? In general the more precise you are the
more easy it is to help you.

> I tried several different versions of osmo-nitb and osmo-sgsn to localize
> the problem and concluded that osmo-nitb is causing the issue.

> I will be reverting to older revisions to find out when exactly it got
> broken

If you use git bisect you can help us to point to a version.

> <0011> gprs_bssgp.c:503 BSSGP BVCI=0 TLLI=d527d1cf Rx LLC DISCARDED

Have you started to look into _why_ it is being discarded? This message
is sent by the PCU and means that data could not be delivered from the
PCU to the MobileStation within the specified timeout. How can that be?

holger