SMPP + OpenBSC

tele tele at rhizomatica.org
Mon Mar 31 21:48:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

An example configuration for SMPP is the following:

smpp
 local-tcp-port 2775
 policy closed
 esme OSMPP
  password YOURPWD
  default-route

You do need an external SMSC that binds to OpenBSC using SMPP.

Please note that only SMS that are not for subscribers will go through
the SMPP interface, osmo-nitb check if the extension exists in the HLR
if not the SMS is sent through SMPP.
You can do prefix matching but it will still apply only for numbers not
in the HLR.

We did a dirty workaround in order to force all the SMS through SMPP to
a SMSC based on Kannel.

http://cgit.osmocom.org/openbsc/commit/?h=ciaby/rhizomatica&id=112393a6109ade98b997e6bc3d221d5a2e9dd402

Kannel is configured with a TX/RX bind towards OpenBSC. You may use
only a TRX. If you need help with Kannel config let me know

:tele