OpenBSC and Roaming

Sahil Gupta sguptaau at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:37:48 UTC 2014

Hi there,
If we take the airport for example, there are two other major mobile
providers offering services there.

I'd probably offer free Wifi provided the customer dials a particular
number after signing onto our network in order to receive a sign-on code by
SMS.  I know StarHub did this for years in Singapore and I always ended up
roaming on their network.

The other thing we would do is oviously have substantially lower costs on
our network as opposed to others in order to encourage mobile providers to
have our network as part of the list.

Cheers,
Sahil

--