GPRS, EDGE support

Matt Ettus matt at ettus.com
Fri Jan 24 17:15:43 UTC 2014

I normally resist talking about our own products on this list, but since
there is some incomplete information I will offer some corrections.  I
won't speak to competitor's products.

>  - Get USRP N (not USRP 2), if you want to have access to variety of
> daughter boards, available for USRPs. Though it's quite expensive,
> especially if you add a GPSDO to it.

These are the highest dynamic range and will have the best RF performance.

>  - Get USRP B200, if you want a small single-channel device. Though
> you _may_ have issue if you start playing with handover, as it doesn't
> have GPS or a stable enough reference clock.

A GPSDO is available for B200, or you can use the 10 MHz input from an
external source.  The B200 is by far the lowest cost option, and it has a
high dynamic range in comparison to Lime-based solutions.  If you want
diversity receive and dual transmit, you can get the B210 which is also a
low cost option.

 Matt