GPRS, EDGE support

Sipos Csaba dchardware at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 10:20:25 UTC 2014

Hi Holger,

> The current allocator can assign multiple downlink slots. It will
> assign only a single uplink though. The bad part is that the same
> uplink slot will be assigned for all phones. The more phones you
> have the more problems you will get. E.g. to ACK the TCP frame all
> phones compete for the same uplink resource.. while all other PDCHs
> have no uplink usage...

Is there a plan to change that one behavior (only one UL slot)?

After browsing the code for a few days, it is clear that currently the
main stage of development is the PCU and around packet access in
general. And I think a lot of people are interested about your work,
but except this mailing list, it is really hard to see that, or find
infos. This is why I am keep telling you that a blog or a priority
list or something on the site would be important to raise awareness.

BR,
Csaba