GPRS, EDGE support

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Thu Jan 23 18:12:34 UTC 2014

OpenBTS supports GPRS, but at least for me it does not work very reliably, I consider this only a proof of concept. While voice/SMS range is up to 200m, GPRS breaks down after 5m (!) distance, and the connection stalls after a while, requiring a restart of OpenBTS. I am using an USRP1 with WBX board.

Ralph.