Openbsc support for new BTS

Jason Anoop jason.anoop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 11:26:55 UTC 2014

Hello Harald,
Season's greetings! I was on Christmas vacation and just back in office
today.
Thank you for your time and patience to respond with the details of
standard message structure of osmocom coding style.

I'm sorry, at this point I'm not compliant with that and surely require
some effort on that front. Right now my priority was to make this piece of
software work with Octasic Phy and I'm very close to that and will update
you after the testing.

Right now the code is not very clean as I might not have followed osmocom
coding rules and needs to be cleaned up. But I'm trying to share the
OSMOBTS modifications with you. As I said I'm new to git, I'm just trying
by going through some tutorials.

I have local folder osmo-bts which was cloned from osmocom repo
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bts.git

I then changed the branch to jolly/trx from master:
git checkout -b jolly/trx origin/jolly/trx

I then created my private branch:
git checkout -b jason-oct-phy

Then I have added all my changes into it.

I then added the modified files into git.
git add .

Then I commited the changes:
git commit -m "jason-oct-phy new branch - Initial commit"

Changed the author & email:
git config --global user.name "Jason"
git config --global user.email jason.anoop at gmail.com

updated the commit to reflect the above:
git commit --amend --reset-author

git log shows:
root at gsm-bss:/home/osmo-bts# git log
commit 9bd1926c1e105844ce3e8d39234c6aec9259cc27