possible bug in OpenBSC

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Feb 7 17:06:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 03:50:48PM -0600, Ciaby wrote:

Hi,

I am currently traveling and will only give a short reply.

> we are currently experiencing some issues with OpenBSC paired with a
> sysmobts-2050. SDCCH channels are getting stick into BROKEN/UNUSABLE
> state, and they don't get released. This accumulates over time and
> reaches a point where we have to manually restart osmo-nitb because
> there are no channels availables and the whole network breaks down.
> Is it a know issue or only us? :)

The timeout I picked before a channel is marked as broken (e.g. no
response received) was a random value. What is the current timeout
you are using? The other part is, did you have a look at the sysmobts
manual to tune the system for heavy load? There is a dedicated section
in the sysmocom manual for that.