LAPDm code issues (ladpm.c)

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Mon Feb 3 08:53:23 UTC 2014

Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> could you please have a look at the code, the branch by Jacob and
> the outstanding issues.
>

>> >The initial SABM message (not the retransmitted one after T200) has a
>> >non-zero length and ends with 3 bytes that have been taken from the end
>> >of the RSL EST REQ message. The MS does not answer to this.
>> >Interestingly the second SABM message that gets sent after T200 (2s) has
>> >a length field of 0 and no trailing garbage.
> This is a very subtle bug. In the end SMS transfer works but it
> needed one timeout/retransmission cycle for it to work. It was also
> non obvious to find as lapd_core/lapdm use two/three different ways
> to describe the payload size (it is the kind of problems I want to
> avoid with the trx_id in libosmo-abis).
dear holger, dear jacob,

i 'wiresharked' this bug. there is actually 3 bytes of payload within
the first SABM message. with the jerlbeck/fixes/ladp-sms branch, the
message is correct and accepted by the phone. (no retransmission)

it is clear to me that removing everything in front of the l3h (msg)
must be performed. we can't just remove data between l2h and l3h and
assume that there is nothing in front of the l2h. so i agree with the
patch in that branch.

best regards,

andreas