Unbounded AGCH queue in OsmoBTS

Ivan Kluchnikov Ivan.Kluchnikov at fairwaves.ru
Tue Feb 18 18:36:58 UTC 2014

>> Your implementation (jerbeck/agch-queue branch) looks reasonable.
> But it isn't ;-) It's just a snapshot and not yet finished.

Ok, I understand, actually my main goal is to test
bts_update_agch_max_queue_length and compact_agch_queue functions.

>> But from my point of view we should add sending rsl Delete Ind message
>> to bsc and implement final check (in bts_agch_dequeue function) that
>> immediate assignment message is still valid for ms.
>
> I thought that your Delete Ind patches could be added as next step,
> since they are orthogonal to the queue handling itself.

Yes.

>> My plan is to test your code and add sending rsl Delete Ind message to bsc.
>
> Please wait with testing, the current branch just segfaults and I'll fix
> (and rebase) it soon.

Ok.

>> After that we can try to implement lifetime parameter for immediate
>> assignment message.
> What do you mean exactly?

The idea is to save gsm_time for each imm assign message, when we add
this message to agch queue. After that when we are ready to send this
message and dequeue it, we are able to calculate how long this message
was in agch queue and finally decide what to do, send or drop this imm
assign message.

Ivan Kluchnikov.
http://fairwaves.ru