l1-sap patches for osmo-bts

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Sep 3 15:42:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 07:28:26PM +0200, Andreas Eversberg wrote:
> hi,

Dear Andreas,

I skimmed through the changes. It is heading in a good direction but
there is still a lack of structure. What I mean is that your patch
is mostly adding code to already long methods. E.g. like this:

+	case OSMO_PRIM(PRIM_PH_DATA, PRIM_OP_INDICATION):
+		if (L1SAP_IS_CHAN_TCHF(chan_nr)) {
+			if (trx->ts[tn].pchan == GSM_PCHAN_PDCH) {
+				if (L1SAP_IS_PTCCH(fn)) {
+					if (l1sap->oph.primitive
+							== PRIM_OP_INDICATION) {
+						if (data[0] == 7)

							this is level
							six. And it is
							very difficult
							to understand
							like this.

And just by looking at it, when would we use TCH/F on a PDCH?

holger