OpenBSC with A-interface

Dmitri Soloviev dmi3sol at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 12:46:09 UTC 2013

Thank you..

in fact, last night I did a hack, and it started to work
http://www.opensigtran.org/bsc.html
I'm doing without osmo-bsc_mgcp at all: after a chanel is being opened, my
transcoder just replies the first rtp from bts and keeps this address as
endpoint.

I was about to clean the code (my ss7+ca and transcoder), publish it as
well as discuss patches/hacks to openbsc I had to do:
1) in my case, OpenBSC makes BTS to talk to a predictable port at transcoder
2) I could not guess your reasons (as well as ways) to configure voice
codecs within BSC, and hardcoded them within bssap_handleassingm_req()

Hope to prepare a proper letter it in about a week

BR,
Dmitri