OsmocomBB without hardware phone

clovnrian at gmail.com clovnrian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 20:14:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

thanks for quick answer and advice.

I looked for l1ctl in sources files and I found it in
src/host/layer23/src/common. I quickly looked at the main.c file in this
directory and it looks quite simple if I use the l1l2_interface and
l1ctl. We'll see how it goes.

The L1 interface is only one part from what I want to do.

The second part will be harder. I want to implement a GPRS stack to the
'mobile' application. I know that osmocomBB hasn't GPRS support and I
have to build it from scratch.  I found some topics about it in mailing
list. It says that i can use the GPRS parts from another projects. SNDCP
from OsmoSGSN and RLC/MAC message encoding and parsing from osmo-pcu. Is
that true? Can you give me some hints to start?

Best regards,
Miroslav Babják