How use TCAP instead of DTAP?

Maicon Kist maicon.kist at inf.ufrgs.br
Thu Oct 3 19:59:02 UTC 2013

Hi list,

I want to integrate the OpenBSC with the Mobicents gateway. However, OpenBSC encapsulates the GSM MAP protocol in a DTAP header, while Mobicents expects a TCAP.
The question is: Is possible to use the TCAP protocol in OpenBSC ?

PS: Currently I am working with the USSD in OpenBSC. I performed some changes in the code and now we implemented the USSD request,facility and release-complete messages. In other words, now we are able to implement menus in USSD operations.

Best Regards