New handover algorithm with Nokia BTS

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Wed Nov 6 06:40:15 UTC 2013

Sipos Csaba wrote:
> I just wanted to ask before I spend a lot of time with it. Does the
> new HO algorithm also works with non-IP based BTSes like Nokia metro
> or insite? Or at least in theory it should work?
>
> Because the handover is not working with the current algo for Nokia, I
> want to give the new one a try.
>
> Csaba

hi sipos,

both handover algorithms (old and new) are available in my
jolly/new_handover branch, they can be enabled globally via VTY at
network level. the handover logic, which actually controls BTS and MS
during handover, is the same for both algorithms. i have never tested
the handover logic with BS11 or nokia, but i cannot see why it should
not work.

regards,

andreas