Stress-testing sysmobts of osmo-bts

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sat May 4 19:23:31 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 04, 2013 at 05:16:54PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> What is not done:

> * Create a talloc pool for the primitives (or re-use the msgb across multiple
> reads).

* The stress test is either showing memory fragmentation or a silent leak.
The virtual size of the address space is increasing over time, the talloc
report does not show an increase in memory usage and I switched off the bts
before I could look at vmRSS on the 'status' file.

So it is either:

a.) Something not attached to the talloc root context
b.) Memory fragmentation

holger