SimpleHLR: A web interface for OpenBSC

Alton MacDonald alton.kenneth.macdonald at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri May 17 15:57:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

We were using this interface for a while on our GSM testbed.
Unfortunately, after having many subscribers, the web interface would
not load correctly and would suffer from performance issues.

Since I had also done a few python scripts to help manage our local
OpenBSC installation, I used your interface as inspiration to design my
own and incorporate my python scripts as well.

Which brings me to proposing another web interface for OpenBSC and
OsmoSGSN. I've attached a README file with the additional features my
interface provides.

On one hand, it adds some functionality to OpenBSC which sends welcome
messages to subscribers the first time they are seen on the network
and/or return from roaming.

On the other hand, it facilitates the administration of MANY subscribers
by providing a filterable interface where authorization can be quickly
toggled. It also allows for changing the timeslot configurations so that
an operator can adapt his/her network to the current required Voice and
Data traffic.

Since I would like to make this publicly available (preferably via the
osmocom git repository), I have also attached gzipped screenshots of my
current interface.

Please let me know how my work can contribute to OpenBSC.

best regards,
Alton MacDonald