neighbour cells

jolly andreas at eversberg.eu
Mon Mar 11 06:50:43 UTC 2013

Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
>   * The SI1 rest_octets indicated DCS while PCS was used (this is fixed)

yes, i missed that. but IIRC, it must be set on non-PCS cells (i.a. 850
or 900) to indicate whether neighbor ARFCN of 512... refer to PCS. on a
PCS BTS it should be ignored by MS.

you should check if there the network that has all PCS or all DCS BTS
and then set this bit or not. even on GSM 900 cells this bit must be
set, if there is/are all PCS BTS. if there are both PCS and DCS BTS,
there should be a warning, because this is not allowed.
>   * The Ext-Ind claims that SI2 carries the complete BA even if SI2ter/2bis
>     are scheduled.

look at generate_si2bis: (si5bis respectively)

if (n)
si2->bcch_frequency_list[0] |= 0x20;
si2b->bcch_frequency_list[0] |= 0x20;

if there are frequencies defined in si2bis, the EXT-IND is set on both
(si2 and si2bis) lists. if not, the si2bis is removed and not transmitted.

>   * The BA-Ind is the same for SDCCH/BCCH. We should use 0/1.

if both lists differ, it makes sense to have different BA-IND. currently
there is no difference, but it is not wrong to set BA-IND on SI5*.