OpenBTS with GPRS....trouble with SGSN and PCU

altaf sk altaf329 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 16:37:50 UTC 2013

Hello andreas,

thanks a lot for your help.

I resulted successful in running the osmoBTS with calypso phones. Currently
I did (register) with 1 phone but will do it with 2 also.  yes I am using
the debugging option.

Can you kindly tell me how should I enable the PCU support. I have the
osmo-pcu (master) installed and I start it before  starting osmoBTS.

I tried to use jolly_test in osmo-pcu git, but errors concerning sysmobts.

I tried looking around sockets and vty but could not figure it out. I
looked at the osmo-bts-sysmo code which has the command line option (-M
--pcu-direct) to enable pcu support.
I looked at the code and I found that pcu_direct is set to 1 (pcu_direct=1)
when -M option is used.

using this as a reference in the main.c of osmo-bts-trx i directly defined
pcu_direct=1 and then tried. The socket /tmp/pcu-bts is open but still I
dont see any response from PCU.

Can you suggest me in this regard.

regards,

Altaf