Hello from Montreal

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 01:58:20 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

Random weekend googling brought my attention to the very interesting
projects of OpenBSC, Osmocom etc.. My background started off on a good
foot in EE, and quickly spiraled downwards into the uninteresting
world of information system or business applications with many lines
of code written etc.. I still don't know how that happened, but lets
blame it on demand....

Upon completing my research as a masters student, my specializations
veered towards Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Semantic
Web etc.. which was a little more interesting with formal concepts and
so on. Manage to published papers, and even a book:

http://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=lh6e3q0AAAAJ&hl=en
http://www.amazon.com/Applying-Computational-Linguistics-API-Documentation/dp/3659346926

Moving forward, and the PURPOSE for my email is I would really like to
sink my teeth into the mysterious world of GSM, be it at the node side
(i.e., cell phone, bank or via rail train) and the base station side
or whatever... Maybe even devise a possible PhD topic funded by a
research lab here in Canada. Security topics and exploitations are
heavily funded here by DoD and so on, the trick really comes down to
wording....

Anyhow, I am afraid that any more chatter may be perceived as  "noise"
so let's just call this the hello world of emails, and hope it's
welcomed and not scrutinized for taking away from valuable development
time, at which point I do apologize!

Kind Regards,

Ninus from the land of 1900Mhz and T1 networks