patch for gsm0808.c

Harald Welte hwelte at sysmocom.de
Thu Jul 11 07:23:17 UTC 2013

Dear Dmitri,

thanks for your patch, it will of course be merged.

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:49:32AM +0400, Dmitri Soloviev wrote:

> Right now there is a pilot with MNO, and Telscale SS7 Card runs code
> for A-interface gateway, converting BSSAP/SS7 to SCCPoverIP + rtp.

this is great news. Please let us know if you need any assistance.  Did
I ever send you the protocol traces that you asked for?

> It seems that such a gateway also has to adapt OpenBSC to each
> particular MSC.

I'm not sure if this really belongs into the gateway, or if we shouldn't
rather have this code in OsmoBSC itself.

So far, OsmoBSC has been used (to my knowledge) with Altobridge, Zynetix
(Globe Wireless) and Quortus.

We can introduce a 'msc model' in osmo-bsc, similar to having a 'bts
model', and then code e.g. generating 08.08 messages can selectively
check on the msc->model to have vendor-specific kludges.

> Code will published as soon as pilot succeeds.

Great!

--
- Harald Welte <hwelte at sysmocom.de>             http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Schivelbeiner Str. 5