Nokia InSite handover

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jul 10 20:22:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 08:44:49PM +0200, Sipos Csaba wrote:
>         if (enable && ipacc_rtp_direct) {

this check should be conditional on using a nanobts/sysmobts, and not be
present for E1 based bts's.

> After I removed this check, I was able to start OpenBSC with
> handover=1, even the OpenBSC VTY said to "show network" that handover
> is On, but I was not able to do any handovers even when there was
> 30-40dB difference (RXlev) between the target and the source cell. The
> target was ate -50, the source was around -100, suddenly the phone
> jumped to the target cell, but after 3-4 seconds of terrible noise,
> both phones are dropped the call. I think it was a cell reselection
> not a failed handover, because there was no HO attempts in the
> statistics.

You should enable debugging logging of the handover code and see what
kind of messages you get.  'logging enable' 'lgging filter all 1' and
'logging level ho debug' should do the trick.

Please have a look at handover_logic.c and handover_decision.c in the
src/libbsc subdirectory of openbsc.git.  If that doesn't help, you can
also enable measurement debugging, and manually check if the measurement
reports from the phone arrive at the bsc, if they contain measurements
of the neighbor cell, and if the reported signal levels of the neighbor
cell really are better than the original cell where you started the
call, etc.