Dropping support for the HSL bts

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jul 3 20:01:35 UTC 2013

Hi Holger,

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 10:16:05AM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> Good Morning Harald,

if you explicitly want me to respond, a Cc to my personal e-mail account
might be a good idea, I'm not always following all mailing lists...

> do you mind if we drop support for the HSL BTS? The support is
> spewing out compile warnings, now turns up in coverity reports
> as well and we don't even know if it is working with the latest
> version of the software running on these BTS.

no, please go ahead and remove it. The HSL femto is a discontinued
product anyway, and the hostile reaction by the HSL CEO has rendered
subsequent HSL femto firmware versions intentionally incompatible with
OpenBSC anyway.

So let's just remove some dead code...