OsmoDevCon 2013 brainstorming

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jan 2 16:15:06 UTC 2013

Hi David,

On Tue, Jan 01, 2013 at 07:23:35PM -0800, David A. Burgess wrote:

> I agree. And while I am not a direct participant in Osmocom, I would
> like participate in this event again and contribute in some way that
> others find useful.

great, your presence is appreciated.

> > 2) consider whether late march (like 2012) would be a good schedule
> >  against
>
> My own preference would be either early March, immediately after the
> GSM World Congress (so anyone attending both from outside Europe can
> combine travel) or as late in March as possible or even in April to
> give some turn-around time between trips.

I think very early march after MWC might be a bit challenging to
organize given the limited lead-time.  Late in march might be
overlapping with Easter holidays, where people might have holiday plans,
or attend other events like EasterHegg.

So personally, I think early April might be a better choice then.

Question to the list at large: Would you prefer or avoid overlap with
Easter?

> This may sound odd coming from me, but unless this is explicitly
> intended to be a broad "FOSS cellular" event, broader than Osmocom, I
> would prefer to discuss OpenBTS only to the degree that the projects
> overlap or might interoperate.

I understand that position and don't mind it at all.