OpenBSC and Half Rate support on ip.access.

N.v vervelak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:31:38 UTC 2013

On 2/22/13 5:59 PM, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
>> Is your answer based on hands-on experience, feedback from other
>> developers/users or something else?
> hands-on experience.
>
>> In the nanoGSM® EDGE 900 datasheet is not mentioned the TCH/H support, but
>> the nanoGSM® EDGE 1800 model seems to support it.
> TCH/H != HR
>
> The EDGE models do support AMR-HR. But that's different from HR. And
> not supported by osmo-nitb currently.
>
> Cheers,
>
>      Sylvain

So, the nanoBTS support AMR speech codec but don't
support HR speech codec
and in osmo-bsc TCH/H is supported unlike osmo-nitb?

and if i write code in osmo-nitb that support TCH/H i will have 14
simulate calls in my setup?
are there any guidelines for new openBSC developers or can someone provide me with some
highlights about porting TCH/H from osmo-bsc to osmo-nitb?

Thanks again for your time.