OpenBSC and Half Rate support on ip.access.

./Vervelak vervelak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:15:21 UTC 2013

On 02/22/2013 01:18 AM, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
>> I'm trying to make my openbsc installation work in half rate mode but
> I don't think nanoBTS support HR codec at all ...
>

> Cheers,
>
>     Sylvain

Thanks for the immediate response.
Is your answer based on hands-on experience, feedback from other
developers/users or something else?
In the nanoGSM® EDGE 900 datasheet is not mentioned the TCH/H support,
but the nanoGSM® EDGE 1800 model seems to support it.
Do you believe that the 1800 model could work?

Also I noticed in the OpenBSC wiki that TCH/H is not implemented in
osmo-nitb but only in osmo-bsc, is this information correct?

Thanks for your time.
./Vervelak