disable jitter RTP buffer at libosmo-abis

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Fri Feb 15 18:27:16 UTC 2013

Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> do you happen to have a PCAP file of the stream arriving at the BTS? I
> had a lot of issues with FreeSWITCH and their jitter buffer and as a
> minimum I would like to at least have the right inspection/logging to
> detect/analyze these issues.
hi holger,

i traced data between openbsc and osmo-bts. i put a sequence number in
the payload to see, if packets get dropped. i could see that the
wireshark actually showed the missing frames. also i put debug into
libortp to see if they arrive there, they do! the jitter algorithm just
dropped them. for my case (lcr) i did a 30 minutes call today using
osmo-bts (calypso-bts) and openbsc-lcr. it worked best, without any
raising delay. i think that my setup (slow netbook, many processes) does
not get well with jitter buffer of libortp.

regards,

andreas