external app inserting an SMS in to sql table - how to?

Adam B boardsofcanada at live.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 15:10:19 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone.

On the OpenBSC wiki it states:
"Sending of SMS from external applications by writing to the SQL table"s ....   I was wondering if anyone could fill me in how this happens and if the SMSC automatically sends the inserted SMS.

Is it as simple as inserting in to the hlr.sqlite db as follows?

INSERT INTO SMS
				      (created, sender_id, receiver_id, reply_path_req, status_rep_req, protocol_id, data_coding_scheme, ud_hdr_ind, text)				      VALUES (date, 1, 123, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, helloworld) My end goal would be to insert a the a binary data SMS that has UDH header in the data payload I was wondering if anyone has tried this and if it will work?.  Regards Adam