MultiCarrier with UmTRX + OsmoBTS

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 12:25:35 UTC 2013

Daud,

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Daud Suleiman <msdaudi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is MultiCarrier operation possible with the UmTRX in combination either
> OsmoBTS?

Yes, OsmoBTS supports multi-trx operation.

Note, though, that multi-carrier transceiver is in beta stage at this moment.

> On another note, is it possible for the outbound MNCC interface to
> pass call control to a standard SIP softswitch (kamaillio?) without going
> through LCR?

Someone on IRC wrote a plugin for Asterisk to speak MNCC, but it is
not published to public yet. We're planning to extend this to support
Freeeswitch or to write a completely separate A-to-SIP gateway, but
these are just plans at this moment.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru