Nokia InSite GPRS

Sipos Csaba dchardware at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 21:20:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

We have two Nokia Insite BTSs and now we are configuring it to work
with OpenBSC.

But after we installed all the necessary parts (OpenGGSN, OpenSGSN,
OpenBSC) we got the following message:

"This BTS type does not support gprs"

I just wanted to ask that maybe we did something wrong, or the GPRS
support for Nokia InSite is not ready yet?

If the support is not ready yet maybe there is some alfa or beta stage
version that we can try?

Nokia Insite family supports GRPS CS-1 and CS-2 according to the
specification.

Thanks in advance!

Csaba