Question about ms max power parameter.

dexter zero-kelvin at gmx.de
Tue Apr 9 20:57:38 UTC 2013

Hi Folks.

I have a simple and straight forward question:

in the openbsc.cfg i find a parameter "ms max power" which is set to 15
dBm (apporox 30mW) by default.

http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/osmo-nitb_VTY says the following:
"maximum transmit power (in dBm) to be used by MS in this BTS. This is
used in the System Information on the BCCH as well as for the MS power
level at the time a dedicated channel is activated."

My question is how low may i set ms max power level? Is 15dBm already
the lowest possible minimum or can i set it down to 1dBm if i like?

regards
Philipp