Buying a NanoBTS 165

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Sep 14 07:32:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 05:58:40PM +0200, Patrick Klapper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in buying a NanoBTS 165AU for research and education.
>
> Does anyone sell a NanoBTS 165 with GSM (A5/1, A5/2) and GPRS/EDGE support?

Just for the record because I have seen a similar question on irc. If someone
has an older GPRS capable nanoBTS and OpenBSC can not initialize the GPRS O&M
objects there is another option than buying a new nanoBTS.

One can fix the issue, e.g by starting to record a PCAP file and checking if
the nanoBTS is sending a NACK. Alternatively you might find someone to fix the
issue for you. It should be less expensive than buying a new bts.

holger