triplets calculation

Yann R. Moupinda yannm1 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:43:51 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

i'm trying to interconnect a WLAN router with my GSM-sysmoBTS and to use the EAP-SIM authentication protocol. For that i installed a Freeradius on an external board that i use as radius server. The Freeradius should use a database file in order to realise the authentication and the idea is that Freeradius should be able to read the hlr.sqlite3 file from my sysmoBTS. I'm not so far to do this part of the work so, i first want to do some tests using the sim card from sysmoBTS (imsi und ki) and the triplets (RAND, Kc and SRES). I want to create a flat file containing this values so the Freeradius will directly use the file to get the triplets.

I thought i could get the triplets stored in one of the tables of hlr.sqlite3 (AuthLastTuples) but there is no information on it. From the table AuthKeys i could find some Ki values (e.g   X'019B7083FBAFC928421A147DE795217782'). I found that there is an "osmo-auc-gen" program for computing the triplets. By using the Ki from AuthKeys and a self generated RAND (e.g  0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF) the program doesn't run and doesn't give the triplets. The used authentication algorithm is the COMP128v1.

Has anyone an idea why it doesn't work and why there is no information in the AuthLastTuples table from sysmoBTS ?

best regards

Yann