BTS-MS direct connection.

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:47:19 UTC 2012

> Does this sound sensible and if so what size of attenuators might I
> want assuming MS and BTS were each set at 6dBm? I've seen figures for
> receiver sensitivity, but wasn't sure as to a "good" RF level to use
> with direct cabling!
>
> I also have 10/20 dB directional couplers and circulators if they
> might find use in a better configuration.

Yes it sounds perfectly good. Make sure you connect attenuators as
close to the BTS and MS as possible to avoid as much leak as possible.

You should target something like - 60 dBm at the RX. So something like
90 dB attenuation or so. Make sure to use semi rigid cable because at
that level of attenuation the cable leaks are non negligible :)

Cheers,

    Sylvain